Roland Chadwick, 24 Melodic Preludes, Book 1
For solo guitar.
This was a self-imposed task designed to give me some small mastery in melody and the process of melodic composition. I also wanted to start writing away from the guitar directly to the page so as to gain a more authentic voice and so the idea of a set of Melodic Preludes in all 24 keys popped up. Not an original idea I admit, but a very good structure on which to drape my compositional intentions. The parameters I set myself were these.
- 24 Melodic Preludes in all 24 keys.
- Monophonic but more closely defined as Melody only pieces.
- The Melody had not only to drive itself but also the harmony and the rhythm.
- All of the music had to go from my mind straight to the page without help from the guitar.
- Product: PDF or Print-on-Demand
- Pages: 32
- Level: Advanced
Order number: BE-200209
- ISMN 979-0-706813-82-0